Virtual Bailey

Thursday, April 19, 2007

As a building exercise, I've been constructing a virtual version of my real world cubicle area. For reference, here's a snapshot.



Using a point and shoot digital camera, I took a few pictures to use as the main textures (the partitions, bulletin board area, carpet, file cabinet, etc.) and then got to work assembling. Next, I constructed the desk and added some details that I had missed (like the six wheels on the teeny tiny file cabinet). I then shot a few more pictures to add details to the desk (papers and books, my daily lack of nutrition, and of course by Fabjectory statue). Here's the finished product.



I was amazed at how much depth can be achieved from some relatively simple texturing (just don't look at that water bottle from the side though!). Next, I added some shadowing and a few scripts to bring it to life. The bookcase opens to reveal a messy interior, the desk light works, and the drawers in the file cabinet open - except the bottom one which only opens for me since it contains some confidential materials.









1 Comments:

  • Wow. Very well done!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home