Virtual Bailey

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Santa delivered early!

Last night I was exploring SL while watching the USC/Notre Dame game and I actually found some First Land! I now have a home.



If you have a paid membership, the First Land program enables you to purchase 512 square meters (basically a postage stamp) for 512L$ with no monthly land use fees. Of course, First Land is subject to availability and I've been checking for a few weeks and there's never any available.

Linden Labs' customer service hours are 9-6 PST, so I wrongly assumed that those were their normal business hours and didn't search too much in the evenings and on weekends. You can imagine my surprise when I searched on a Saturday night at 8pm PST and found nine plots of First Land !

It reminded me of the Oklahoma land rush scene in the movie Far and Away. I teleported to the first location and there were three other people there checking it out. It was in the middle of a snow sim area, so I decided to check out the others. When I refreshed the list, three of the nine plots were gone! There were several in the same location so I went to check that one out, but the area around it was very developed. The last place I checked out I determined was good enough. The lot adjacent to mine is already developed (although the owner has big blinking "FOR SALE" signs on it), and there are a few other small homes nearby.

I'm not even really sure what I'm going to do with it - perhaps build a giant kitty condo :) Well, not too giant because the parcel only supports 100ish objects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home