Virtual Bailey

Thursday, November 30, 2006

I missed the Virtual Tree Lighting by a few hours due to real world air traffic nightmares, so today was my first visit to the new NBC island (there are actually 16 NBC islands to handle the traffic that they anticipate, but they are all identical).



The top of the NBC tower features an impressive replica of the Rainbow Room. If the elevators are missing from the lobby, stick close to the building, fly up to the top, and enter through the outdoor elevator lobby.



If you are interested in building, note the reflective floor. Because reflection isn't possible in Second Life, this effect is accomplished by building an exact replica of the room and placing it under the semi-transparent floor. Nice effect, although expensive from a prim perspective.



Down at ground level, you can skate at the infamous Rockefeller Center ice rink under the festive gigantic holiday tree. They were giving away free Moopf Murray ice skates - not sure if that was a promotional thing or not.

I recently bought a pair of Moopf Skoopf Trails skates. I had such a great time last time I went ice skating that I sprung for the limited edition pair. You can customize the colors or the skates, as well as the trails that they leave behind when you skate.



And this is now one of my new favorite Second Life pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home