Virtual Bailey

Monday, November 06, 2006

The roller skates that I bought came with ice skates, and since I had so much fun with the roller skates, I was anxious to try out the ice skates.

I searched for an ice rink and found the Zouk City Snow Village. There's a Moopf Murray vending machine here too if you need skates. There was no one around, which is nice when you are learning how to skate, and the light snow over the rink added to the ambience. Did I mention how well the skates match my color scheme?



The ice skates are slightly easier to use than the roller skates because there is a HUD for easy access to trick selection. You use the page down and page up buttons while skating forward or backwards. For added complexity you can spin around while doing tricks. These skates absolutely rock!







Again, the still images really don't capture the surprising gracefulness, so here's a short video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home