Virtual Bailey

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Even though I consider myself lucky to have even obtained first land, and I wound up with great neighbors who are creating a huge open community park adjacent to my property, there's only so much you can do with 117 prims. I'm not ready to buy, and I don't really even know my exact land needs, so I decided to rent.

I found an awesome little island on a sim with plenty of open water and the surrounding sims have open water too. The parcel is just over 8000 sq meters, but a lot of that is water. I rezzed my windsurfer and went for a quick sail.



Then I went over to Quan Li to purchase surfable waves. The instructions seemed simple enough, but when I rezzed the wave rock I couldn't locate it. Here I am with Aeron, standing at the bottom of the ocean looking for it.



After the normal troubleshooting, we IM'd the creator who was super responsive and helpful. She in turn summoned a Linden to our plot. There were two tiny issues. The first was that when I rezzed it, I didn't have the right group activated (not sure if this is a feature or a bug). The second was that when I rezzed it, it fell off the edge of my sim and onto the next one, but instead of being right there, it wound up clear on the other side! A bit of a burrito effect.

But the waves are in place, and surfable. Woo hoo!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home