Virtual Bailey

Wednesday, December 13, 2006



The Yak Shack in Midnight city is selling virtual yaks. According to the signs, 100% of the preceeds go to the Save the Children charity. I already have a motorcycle, and it is for charity after all, so I decided to buy one.

Anxious to ride my beast of burden, I rezzed it and hopped on. As soon as I did, the yak became invisible! I quickly chalked this up to buggy Second Life issues, hopped off, and tried again.



I should have read the readme (quite funny, since I used to write the darned things), which explained I also needed to wear the "yak attachment" and THEN rez the yak. By the way, "yak attachment" and "rez the yak" are two phrases I couldn't have imagined saying 12 months ago.





(Like their real world counterparts) You can milk the yak and knit sweaters from its wool, and like the Scions over in Scion City, the Yaks are fully modifiable. There's even an event this Saturday for everyone to show off their pimped out yaks!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home