Virtual Bailey

Saturday, November 04, 2006

In a previous post, I mentioned that I need to be in human form every once in a while. It turns out that these situations also require traditional business attire. Weird, I know. I'd made myself a pink top, black skirt, and boots using the appearance customizer but I decided to go on a shopping excursion to see what alternatives exist.

A friend pointed me to Bare Rose where she said that I could obtain a free women's business suit. What I liked about this massive store what that there was a map at the main arrival location that offered teleports to the various sections (men's, women's, etc.). Then, the women's section is organized into categories such as casual, formal, and oddly, Japanese. Unfortunately, the product display is completely overwhelming and despite a lot of looking I was not able to find what I was looking for. If you look closely in this picture, you can see my avatar as a small pink spot at the bottom in the middle.



I then tried searching for "business suit" and found Realities in the Mariner's Seaside Mall. Technically, they sell a women's business suit but it was a little too revealing for my needs.



I went back to search and found Musashi-Do. Here I found a suit that was pretty risque in the display photo but 1) they sold separates and 2) it looked like I could modify it to make it acceptable.



In summary, I few "good enough" outfits (several free ones too!) but I'm still searching for Virtual Ann Taylor and Virtual Talbots. I guess there's not much of a market for conservative women's attire in fantasy land.





PS - I eventually found the Bare Rose free women's suit on SLExchange (center picture) - they have a men's free suit too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home