Virtual Bailey

Friday, October 27, 2006

In a recent article in Wired, I read about Wengen. It was described as a ski resort that even had throwable snowballs so I decided to check it out.

When you arrive you are standing at the base of the chairlift. There weren't any instructions or anything so I just decided to get on (right-click and ride) go to the top.



The ride to the top was pretty entertaining. The chair lift swung back and forth and passed through some clouds. There was even the real world "bump bump bump" as the chair went over the poles. Once at the top, Virtual Bailey automatically exited the chair and was on top of a mountain looking over an adjacent sim. This is when I realized that I had no skiis.

Not sure what to do, I saw an adjacent mountain and decided to fly over there and check it out. The only thing there was a dog sled, which I tried to ride but could only stand on because I wasn't the owner.



I teleported back to the base of the chair lift and walked over to the lodge. I assumed that I'd be able to rent skiis or a snowboard, but there were just a lot of other visitors walking around and chatting (some wondering where to get skiis!). I also couldn't find the throwable snowballs. Perhaps I'll go back another time and investigate further.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home