Virtual Bailey

Sunday, January 14, 2007



Earlier in the week I checked out the (somewhat new) Capitol Hill build.



The first thing I noticed was that all the flags were at half staff, because it was still within the 30 days after the death of President Ford. I found it unusual to have airplanes buzzing around (since you definitely won't see that in Washington), but closer inspection revealed they were pidgeons.



The House of Representatives was empty, so I took a seat for a bit before exploring the rest of the two island complex.



There's a big countdown clock, but it wasn't counting down to anything yet. There are also pavillions for the Democratic plans on healthcare, national security, college costs and other topics. Each one includes a notecard that explains their position in a few bullet points.

On the opposite end is a semi-transparent replica of the Washington Monument. At the base I clicked a small triangle that let me teleport to the top, but unfortunately once up there I couldn't find a teleport back to the bottom. There is a multi-chair up there in case you are looking for somewhere to hold a meeting :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home