Virtual Bailey

Sunday, October 22, 2006

As I posted yesterday, I found surfable waves and a place to rent surfboards in Second Life.



Tropical Island Surfing rents one-time use surfboards for 40 Linden dollars. You can use for as long as you want, just don't stand up once you've started using it because that will be the end of your surfing session.

The instructions weren't super clear so I spent a few minutes unsuccessfully trying to ride one of the boards that was already on the beach.



Then I figured out that I needed to rez the board in my inventory and right-click and ride it. From then on out it was super easy. I used the arrow keys to paddle out.



Unlike real life surfing, it wasn't horrible and uncomfortable, and I didn't almost drown. I missed the first few waves and then figured out that if you point at an angle, you stand up and ride automatically. Woo hoo !



Here's an aerial view of me chilling on my board.



Unfortunately, my surfing time was relatively short-lived. After riding a wave into shore I accidentally stood up forgetting that this signaled the end of the session. Oh well, still fun for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home