Virtual Bailey

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Fabjectory -

I read that it is now possible to get a real world statuette of your Second Life avatar. Get OUT! A little Virtual Bailey for my desk?? Sign me up!

So I went to the Fabjectory website and then headed to their in world store. The in world store provided the same information as the website, so I sent an instant message to Hal9k Andalso and figured that he'd contact me later to set up a time to meet.

Outside, I met this little winged pig person who complimented me on my avatar outfit.



I thanked them and complimented them on their flashy wings. They gave me a copy of the wings and told me to try them on. The result is kinda creepy - like an homage to pets of the past or something.



After a few e-mail exchanges with Hal9k Andalso, we met in world and he teleported me to the studio, which was a neutral grey skybox.



He said that my whiskers would be a problem, and that they would be ignored completely. He was also having problems with my tail and asked if I could stop moving it. Unfortunately, I have no control over my tail - it's "swishy" but there is no swish on/off functionality. Same with my big blinking blue eyes. I never thought that I'd have a chat where someone was asking me to control my tail.

A minute or so later, he sent me this preview.



And a few days later, these proofs arrived via email.





Physical Virtual Bailey should arrive within a few weeks !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home