Virtual Bailey

Saturday, October 21, 2006

(Excuse the back posting, should be caught up in a few days or so)

Second Life celebrated its third birthday back in June (coincidentally, the same weekend as MY birthday, we knew that they were cool!). They developed a four island celebration zone that I explored on several occasions.



Some colleagues and I visited the museum.



And rode the bumber cars (THIS was fun - especially when combined with a conference call).



There was also an aerial tram to take you from point to point. Unfortunately I wound up on it all by myself and had to be teleported to find the rest of the group.



But here's where the real fun was had - the celebration dome.



It didn't get too crazy. It was a PG region, after all.



Inside the dome there were several dancefloors at different levels with streaming music from live dj's.



Here's an aerial view of the dance floor.



The interaction was kind of awkward and weird. To dance, you right-click one of the dance balls which caused your avatar to sit down on the dance floor momentarily. I've seen better implementations of dance balls since this event.





But once everyone was dancing, it was quite a sight. And oddly fun and entertaining. Good avatar watching too. There was this one which looked like a mass of stuffed animals.



This big chicken. (not to be confused with THE big chicken in Marietta, GA)



And if you look closely in this image, there's an avatar that looks like one of those Halloween costumes where two people dress up as one horse.



The birthday bash was not all fun and games though. There was a protest over some changes to Linden Labs registration policy.



I stopped by to see what all the commotion was about and this person was explaining to me what was going on. She kept saying things like "we furries need to stick together" and calling me "P*ssy". Look lady, read my profile. I'm just a cat. Deal with it.

2 Comments:

  • Give me link to SEO software (promotion, advertisement, etc.). I'm need it to promote my new e-shop.
    Thanks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:12 PM  

  • What will be a better one firewall I can download and use for free[url=http://nba.sports-sport.info/crossover-nba.html],[/url] that will come with my windows xp and won't slow it down? [url=http://nba.sports-sport.info/index1.html]:([/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home