Virtual Bailey

Sunday, November 12, 2006

I found an entire shop dedicated to tiny animal avatars. As I'm having a look around, I overhear two other patrons who are shopping for avatars make a reference to Virtual Bailey's girth. I'll change their names for privacy purposes:

Patron #1: Perhaps you would like to be a fat Siamese cat?
Patron #2: hehe
Me: Hey !
Patron #1: LOL
Patron #2: hehehe
Me: I'm just well fed :)
Patron #1: hehe

There are very few overweight avatars in Second Life, so I guess he does stick out a bit. When I bought it, this is what he/she looks like out of the box (male version on left, female on right).



I wasn't wild about either, so I fattened him up to look more like his real world counterpart. Wandering around as a female human in Second Life, I sometimes feel like a target in a virtual singles bar. A doughy Siamese draws a different type of attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home