Virtual Bailey

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

So now that I have good hair and a business appropriate outfit, I noticed that my makeup could use a touchup. There are hundreds of stores selling "skins", some full body and some face only. Shopping for made-up face skins is just plain weird. Moreover, you really have to be careful where you wander, the full body skin stores are both creepy and not safe for work.



I learned that makeup is actually a tattoo that is applied to your face. This is also a way to apply piercings, but I haven't ventured there yet. This might also be used for men's facial hair but I haven't ventured there yet either. If you're in the shopping mood, you might want to start at CMFF. I didn't buy anything there, but they have demos, sell full body and face-only separates, and have skins in multiple ethnicities. One floor up from the women's section they sell a few male skins and some wild "fantaskins". I demoed the silver paint skin out of curiosity.



Unlike the hair demos, makeup demos are indicated by the word "DEMO" tattooed across your face. It is quite useful to be able to try before you buy especially at the cost of $L1.



I ended up paying $L300, which is considered on the cheap side, but here's a before and after for comparison purposes.



I think the most noticeable improvement is in the eyes, but in the picture she looks better rested and more confident too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home